Главная | Регистрация | Вход
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 3 из 3
  • «
Модератор форума: Пифон, bgd25, siberienne  
Форум » Тоби Стивенс » Новости и пресса » Биография и интересные факты (Из жизни Тоби Стивенса)
Биография и интересные факты
BlueberryДата: Суббота, 25.12.2010, 13:58 | Сообщение # 51
VIP-персона
Статус: Offline
Quote (Betina)
Надеюсь, все у них в порядке, дети ведь часто болеют, а у них с АЛ там уже целый детский садик))

Я тоже надеюсь, детские болезни хоть и неприятные, но не смертельные

KaitlynДата: Суббота, 12.03.2011, 22:50 | Сообщение # 52
Новичок
На маму и папу можно посмотреть в фильме "Расцвет мисс Джин Броди"/The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie [1969].

Оскар 1970: лучшая женская роль - Мэгги Смит
Номинация Оскар 1970: за лучшую песню "Jean"
Номинация Оскар 1970: лучшая женская роль (драма) - Мэгги Смит

Золотой глобус 1970: лучшая песня "Jean"
Номинация Золотой глобус 1970: лучшая женская роль (драма) -Мэгги Смит
Номинация Золотой глобус 1970: лучший фильм (драма)

Британская академия 1970: лучшая женская роль - Мэгги Смит
Британская академия 1970: лучшая женская роль второго плана - Селия Джонсон
Номинация Британской академия: лучшая женская роль второго плана - Памела Франклин

Номинация Каннского кинофестиваля 1969: Золотая пальмовая ветвь

Сообщение отредактировал Kaitlyn - Воскресенье, 13.03.2011, 13:09

KaitlynДата: Суббота, 12.03.2011, 22:51 | Сообщение # 53
Новичок
Также в фильме "Путешествия с моей тетей"/Travels with My Aunt [1972].

Оскар 1973: лучшие костюмы
Номинация Оскар 1973: лучшая женская роль -Мэгги Смит
Номинация Оскар 1973: лучшая работа оператора
Номинация Оскар 1973: лучшие декорации

Британская академия 1974: лучшая работа оператора

Номинация Золотой глобус 1973: лучшая женская роль (комедия или мюзикл) - Мэгги Смит
Номинация Золотой глобус 1973: лучший фильм (комедия или мюзикл)
Номинация Золотой глобус 1973: лучшая мужская роль второго плана - Алек МакКоуэн

Сообщение отредактировал Kaitlyn - Воскресенье, 13.03.2011, 13:10

BetinaДата: Понедельник, 14.03.2011, 22:40 | Сообщение # 54
Anglophile Admin
Quote (Kaitlyn)
На маму и папу можно посмотреть в фильме "Расцвет мисс Джин Броди"/The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie [1969].

давно хочу это кино посмотреть...

спасибо за информацию и фото, я добавлю в галерею те фотографии, где мама с папой вместе))

BetinaДата: Вторник, 08.05.2012, 14:14 | Сообщение # 55
Anglophile Admin
Нашла интересную подборку цитат Тоби (toby-stephens.tumblr.com)

2003 : Toby in his own words:

On his co-stars in ‘Cambridge Spies’:

“We all got on terribly well but it was a strange dynamic. I never want to work with three guys again. It’s the most bizarre chemistry, very peculiar, various people complaining about what they were wearing or comparing it to somebody else and going, `He’s got a much nicer costume than I have’.”

Source: ‘Fidelity, treason, espionage and sex’, The Journal (Newcastle, England), 6 May 2003, Jane Hall

On his Education:

‘far too dumb to actually get into a university”.

On working with Anna-Louise:

“It was certainly difficult watching it. She had various scenes with Rupert Penry-Jones. In the end you have to approach it professionally. It is also hideously embarrassing doing them and isn’t enjoyable in the least ”

Source: ‘Ready to Spy Another Day’, Daily Post, May 2003

“I think we have about three scenes together, which is a good balance.I’d hate to do a play together because you’d never get away from each other.”

“If we did a play together it would drive us both mad, because we’d never stop talking about work. But here she plays MacLean’s wife who left him for Philby, so we’ve got a couple of scenes together and that’s lovely.”

Source: ‘Villain with a Past’, Sunday Telegraph, Dec 2002

“This is the first time we’ve worked together professionally and it’s not something I would choose to do a lot, I don’t think either of us want to become an acting couple! I like the fact that people have separation in their lives. You go away during the day and do something different, and when you come back home you can talk about your day. It’s very difficult to do that when you’re involved in the same project. It becomes too claustrophobic. I don’t think we’d ever want to do a play together, it would drive us crazy. Having said that we both really enjoyed Cambridge Spies because we only had about three scenes together and it was novel for us to work on the same project.”

Source: ‘Fidelity, treason, espionage and sex’, The Journal (Newcastle, England), 6 May 2003, Jane Hall

‘It was really nice to work with her but it wasn’t something I want to do with regularity.’

Source: The Birmingham Post, 5 May 2003, Cathy Mayer

On himself:

“In terms of, `Am I a Hollywood star?’,I don’t think I ever will be, but it’s a question of are you happy with that,and to be honest I am, as long as I’m earning a buck and doing what I want to do.”

Source: ‘Ready to spy another day’, May 2003 Daily Post

“It was the time of ‘Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels’. It brought a backlash against the Merchant/Ivory thing, and because I was seen as a toff, I wasn’t getting anything. I was depressed at home and you can reinvent yourself here.”

“I went out to LA and tried the whole thing, spent about three months trying it, and I hated it, I absolutely hated it.”

“I think one’s expectations when you’re younger are much more extreme than later on. I think I allowed myself to believe in other people’s predictions as well, and it’s also what you perceive you want.”

Source: The Birmingham Post, 5 May 2003, Cathy Mayer

‘‘I wouldn’t say that my mom being an actress made acting a natural progression for me as well. During my childhood days, I moved around with my mom watching plays based on Shakespeare’s work. The interest in acting was inculcated in me from those days. The only hitch is that one has to be a cut above the rest to make it as an actor in London. Acting is like any other profession for me.’’

Source: ‘Rising Star Toby Bonds with India’, Vinod Nair, The Times of India, Nov 2003

On what’s next:

“I’d love to get my teeth into some more classical theatre at some point. If the RSC can freshen itself up under their new leader Michael Boyd and stop being so arrogant and treat actors as one of the team again, then I’d love to go back there.”

Source: ‘Villain with a past’, Dec 2002 Sunday Telegraph

Reflecting on ‘Die Another Day’:

“For me that was like winning the lottery. Having grown up watching those movies to suddenly be in one was completely surreal.”

“It’s not one of those things where you fret about the dialogue. It’s just how do you look cool in a car, pretending to be in a car chase. That’s a real skill.”

Source: Associated Press 2003

“I saw it as a one off opportunity. You only get once crack at being a Bond villain. I’d never made an action movie before or indeed a movie on that scale. There was a lot to learn, it was a completely new ball game for me and I loved eery minute of it. It was hard work but it was also a huge amount of fun.”

Source: Press Pack, CS, BBC

‘‘The Bond assignment was a test for me. A few candidates were shortlisted and I was called for a full-fledged screen test with lights, costumes and sword fights. Being a theatre person, I felt I wouldn’t make it. Also, there was a tussle between MGM, which didn’t want me, and producer Barbara Brocolli, who wanted me in the film. Finally, I was in!’’

Source: ‘Rising Star Toby Bonds with India’, Vinod Nair, Nov 2003

On filming in India:

“I am travelling across the country and trying to imbibe the culture of India and its people. I must say that I am thoroughly enjoying my time!’’

Source: Rising Star Toby Bonds with India’, Vinod Nair, The Times of India, Nov 2003

Jasper Britton on Toby:

“he’s a special chap. I’m sure he will be poached by Hollywood soon. I only hope he’ll come back and work here, too. ”

BetinaДата: Вторник, 08.05.2012, 14:23 | Сообщение # 56
Anglophile Admin
2002 : IN TOBY’S OWN WORDS:

On the Advantages of stage experience for film:

“Stage actors tend to be very practised in a way that film actors might not be because they have to do the same thing night after night. Film acting is more high pressure because you’re experimenting all the time, and if you make mistakes then everybody sees them - your face is the entire screen and just moving your eyebrow is just a massive expression.”

“Being on stage also gives you a grounding in reality and the ability to use your imagination, which is very useful, especially when it comes to doing things like green and blue screen work. I was a Shakespearean actor so there was also a crossover with the fencing, but even that is a bit different. On stage you’re aiming to miss people because it’s an optical illusion - on film, you have to aim for the person because the camera doesn’t miss a thing.”

Source: ‘Digging Graves’, Phil Mason, Total DVD 2002

On becoming an actor:

“I told them that’s what I wanted to do around the time I turned 14. I was never good academically so if I turned out to be equally inept at acting, I’d have been in deep trouble.”

“I wasn’t bright enough to go to university and couldn’t have held down a nine-to-five job. So I went into acting because it was the only thing that interested me, and I felt I had a facility for it.”

“Inevitably people think I’ve been given a helping push. Cynics have the crazy idea I only got jobs at first because of my parents, so there was pressure to prove myself. But if I were crap I wouldn’t be here now. I’m immensely proud of them and don’t feel I need to say, ‘I’m really sorry my parents are famous.’ You have to go out and say, ‘I’m my own voice, from a different generation, and I haven’t been given a leg up.’ I can honestly say neither my mother nor father ever attempted to help me, which I really respect. They couldn’t have got me parts, but I’m sure they could have arranged auditions.”

“You have triumphs as well as bum days in this funny old job. I don’t want to whinge, because no one’s asked me to do it, and I love it, but it must have side-effects. There are times when I’ve found it frustrating, and that leads to disillusion. Every actor can be chippy about something, but I try to avoid that because I don’t want to end up bitter and resentful.”

Source: ‘I Did It My Way’, Andrew Duncan, High Life, 2002

“I have this love-hate relationship with what I do. In this industry, you’re not in control of your own career and there is no plan unless you’re Tom Cruise. That opens you up to huge insecurities.”

“It’s terribly difficult for people who aren’t actors to understand what the hell you’re doing. If I had a nine-to-five job and I was married to an actress it would drive me crazy. The hours, the fact you do love scenes with complete strangers, the life - it’s very weird to get your head around if you’re not doing it.’”

Source: ‘Toby’s second Act’, Nov 2002, Eve Std

On his Mum:

“I’ve seen her in the Harry Potter movies and I love that she’s doing this wonderful fantasy. When my mum got the Harry Potter thing, she said `that’s my pension fund’. But she was thrilled she got the part. She absolutely loved the books - I still haven’t read any - but she really liked them and it was something she wanted to be a part of. She was very pleased.”

“The first time I ever saw my mom on stage was when she played Peter in Peter Pan. I was really young. I got so caught up in the play I didn’t realize that was her flying around. When we met her after the show, I said: ‘I thought you said you were going to be in the play.’ She was quite cheesed off at me.”

Source: ‘Working at Bad’, NA 2002 Jam Movie

“You should never say never. Maybe we should just confront it head on with a stage play. I’d love the experience of working with her.”

Source: ‘Toby’s Second Act’, Evening Standard, Nov 2002

“My mother’s a very normal person, but it’s only in the past ten years I’ve been able to step back and realise what a fantastic actress she is.”

Source: ‘I Did It My Way’, Andrew Duncan, High Life, 2002

“When I see mum in a preview I am normally chewing my fingernails and getting nervous for her, so it is hard to judge when you are in that condition.”

Source: ‘My Cultural Life with Toby Stephens’, London Times, Nov 2002

On his father:

“It’s a dangerous myth that some actors live. There are others, such as Richard Burton, who had the most amazing talent and really squandered it. He didn’t do half the things he should have because he was drinking. I find that very sad and wonderfully tragic. Robert was a great actor, complex and brilliant, but when he started drinking he became erratic. It allowed people to simplify him.”

“Suddenly, he was just a drunk. It upsets me he didn’t do more. But it wasn’t a complete waste. He did so much. The great thing is he showed people at the end of his career how great he was. His King Lear was one of the greatest performances ever. I’ll carry that with me always.”

Source: My Cultural Life, The Times, Nov 2002

“I didn’t see my father for eight years. Bev took over, and Robert had a back seat. He said he did it on purpose, but I don’t know if that’s true. He was like a very close friend, but a bit frightening when I was younger because I never knew what he’d do. He and Bev were extremely different, and I was lucky to have them both. I can’t say whether they liked each other, but they had respect. You couldn’t have asked for anyone better than my stepfather. He brought me up, gave me his values, a wise, kind man who looked after us all brilliantly.”

Source:I Did It My Way, Andrew Duncan, High Life, 2002

On Hollywood:

“I hit a brick wall out there. I got close to various projects where I was the director’s choice, but in the end studio executives get nervous of someone they don’t know. They don’t care about my theatre background, they’re investing millions and want a rock-solid name.”

“Besides, I’d go along to these auditions and see all these actors who were better looking and spent all their time in the gym. Actors are very much products in Los Angeles, and I was uncomfortable feeling like that.”

“I did buy in to the sense of being on an elevator going up. I believed people around me saying I’d be the next Ralph Fiennes. So I allowed myself to coast.”

“I didn’t feel I had to work at getting the big film parts. I felt that was vulgar and if I sat back they’d come to me. It can be seen as arrogance, but I think it was naive. Of course it didn’t happen and I saw other actors like Ewan McGregor and Rufus Sewell shooting past me to get all these film roles I wouldn’t have minded playing.”

“I got so tired of cab drivers asking what I do, and when I told them, asking if I was famous. I’d say, ‘Of course not, otherwise you wouldn’t be asking what I do!’ In the end I started pretending to them that I was a lawyer to avoid the conversation.”

Source: ‘Villain with a past’ Dec 2002 Sunday Telegraph

On the future:

“At this point I’m just waiting to see what happens - at the moment the offers aren’t flooding in, but that is probably because the industry is in the middle of a bit of a downturn. Occasionally I get recognised in the street, which is nice - but luckily people can tell the difference between me and my character.”

Source: ‘Digging Graves’, Phil Mason, Total DVD 2002

“I don’t want to become wedded to just doing films or TV or stage. I love a healthy blend. A lot of British actors sustain that sort of mixture - look at people like Pete Postlethwaite, Tom Wilkinson and Ian Holm. I think I’d go crazy if I could only do one thing.”

“I’m in a very enviable position at the moment. Not only am I working, but I am able to do all the different types of medium and keep on learning. Before this, I had done a lot of stage work and moving over to film means you are always learning new skills.”

“I have enjoyed being able to work with someone like Pierce Brosnan, who has done a lot of movies and who is extremely professional and slick. Just being able to observe him in action has been great for me.”

Source: ‘007 villain : Going for the jugular, being the youngest Bond baddie doesn’t phase Toby Stephens’, Mirror - John Millar Nov 2002

‘I suddenly think, “Christ, I’ve got to get going if I want to play these roles. I don’t want to get to 45 and realise I’m suddenly pushing it.’

‘I have learned that in this industry you can be a celebrity or an actor. Being a celebrity doesn’t do it for me. I’m in it for the work and always will be.’

Source: Toby’s second Act, Nov 2002, Eve Std

On Favourite Films:

“I fell in love completely with David Lynch’s ‘Mulholland Drive’. I realised that his obsession is to try to recreate dreams on film. ‘Eraserhead’ was really disturbing and strange, like a very bad dream.”

“’Amores Perros’ was incredibly profound and poetic, and I loved ‘Y tu Mamá También’ with Maribel Verdú. It is a brilliant study of adolescence. The two actors in it are phenomenal, you desperately like them and the loss of their friendship when a woman comes between them is so believable.”

On Favourite Music:

“I find Coltrane and Miles Davis calming, although I cannot claim to understand jazz. I love all the old Count Basie stuff because he makes me nostalgic.”

“If I am feeling stressed I will chuck on something classical, such as Purcell or Beethoven, as a form of escapism. Modern music is where it becomes quite messy because I dip in and out of loads of different styles. Wilco’s Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, a kind of revamped American blue grass, is beautiful.”

On the Theatre:

“I go in gluts. I can binge on 12 productions in succession, but if I’m working I can’t seem to find the enthusiasm.”

“‘The Breath of Life’ was very interesting, and I much preferred it to ‘Zinc Bed’, the last one from David Hare. But I would like to see it again because when I see mum in a preview I am normally chewing my fingernails and getting nervous for her, so it is hard to judge when you are in that condition.”

“The ‘King Lear’ that my father did at Stratford just before he died really moved me. He had obviously lived through a lot of stuff that he could bring to the role and I thought he brought so much humanity to it. I remember turning around and people throughout the theatre were crying.”

On Television:

“Having lived in America, where they don’t really have documentaries, I found myself missing what the BBC and Channel 4 do. I love ‘The Simpsons’, though. It has such a broad canvas and the plots can go on enormously surreal twists. I can’t watch soap operas: I find ‘EastEnders’ relentlessly grim and I have never made it through a whole episode of ‘Coronation Street’. I have tried because Julie Hesmondhalgh, who plays Hayley, is a friend. But whenever I put it on she is not in that particular episode.

On Books:

“I have just finished ‘Mansfield Park’. I had never read Austen before because I thought it was just for ladies and that I was never going to get it. There was terrible male snobbery going on, but I felt that I ought to read one so I could have an opinion. Initially the sentences seemed so laboured, but after the first 60 pages I loved it. It is beautifully written and well-observed and I completely identified with it even though it is set in the 18th century. I was obsessed about whether Fanny Price was going to marry Edmund.”

On Art:

“I had never seen his earlier work, so to see a whole load of Lucian Freud’s paintings together at Tate Britain was extraordinary.”

On pet hates:

“Those endless cookery and gardening programmes. Nobody cooks anything from them or thinks: “Ah, that’s how I will lay my patio.”

Source: ’My Cultural Life’, Pauline McLeod, The Times, Nov 2002

Источник тот же

AmawlpypememnДата: Понедельник, 02.10.2023, 08:54 | Сообщение # 57
VIP-персона

PELISFLIX гЂђвќ¤пёЏгЂ‘ 2.0 - Ver PelГ­culas y Series Online HD Gratis вњ”пёЏ.
PornModeOn - .
Pelis24 &bull ver pelГ­culas y series en lГ­nea gratis sin lГ­mite - .
FUCK4HOURS.COM – Just fuck - .
Free hd porn videos - mobile porn, porn download in the best quality.

AmawlpypememnДата: Суббота, 07.10.2023, 01:20 | Сообщение # 58
VIP-персона

Vietsub Vб»Ѓ quГЄ chЖЎi, Д‘б»‹t nyc xinh dГўm Д‘ГЈ cГі chб»“ng
Clip sex của em Hotgirl viện kiểm sát Kontum
Chapter 47
Warna Selamat Datang Di Kompetisi SeksChapter 160 9.9
20.12.1818:14 Uhr Wilfried Schmickler - Kein ZurГјck Speech256 kbit/s 0 / 06.268 Hits VID P2P DDL 1 Kommentare
Maid boobs n Tits exposed and squeezed by owner 0 1.28k 1:50

AmawlpypememnДата: Воскресенье, 08.10.2023, 11:18 | Сообщение # 59
VIP-персона

Hẹn hò trong nhà nghỉ
Em ngЖ°б»ќi mбє«u gб»Јi cбєЈm bб»‹ chб»“ng hб»Їng hб»ќ

jacklin123Дата: Суббота, 17.02.2024, 13:20 | Сообщение # 60
Новичок
Zeal up the day with our happy wishes on your dear ones' birthday with a very special gift. Our  virtual birthday cards  are the perfect fit for your personal and professional life.

<a href="https://sendwishonline.com/en/group-cards/happy-birthday-cards">Virtual birthday cards</a>
https://sendwishonline.com/en/group-cards/happy-birthday-cards

FrondisondigeДата: Среда, 13.03.2024, 15:28 | Сообщение # 61
Новичок
Компьютерные игры появились очень давно, в те времена никто даже не представлял, что со временем пользователи смогут играть даже на телефонах.
Однако прогресс не стоит на месте, поэтому нет ничего удивительного в том, что практически любой владелец телефонов Андроид имеет огромное количество самых разнообразных игр.

Рекомендуем: sc2Battle

P.S Live: NoCG3ZrpwK
P.S Может быть интересно: Лучшие игры 3d на Андроид Лучшие игры 3d на Андроид Лучшие игры 3d на Андроид e9b4929

Форум » Тоби Стивенс » Новости и пресса » Биография и интересные факты (Из жизни Тоби Стивенса)
  • Страница 3 из 3
  • «
Поиск:

При использовании материалов — ссылка обязательна! |
Copyright Toby-Stephens © 2008 - 2024 | Используются технологии uCoz