Главная | Регистрация | Вход
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 3
  • »
Модератор форума: Пифон, bgd25, siberienne  
Форум » Тоби Стивенс » Новости и пресса » Биография и интересные факты (Из жизни Тоби Стивенса)
Биография и интересные факты
BetinaДата: Вторник, 01.07.2008, 22:28 | Сообщение # 1
Anglophile Admin
Статус: Offline
Это отдельный топик для размещения биографии Тоби Стивенса и фактов из его жизни, известных вам.

bgd25Дата: Четверг, 11.09.2008, 01:46 | Сообщение # 2
VIP-персона
Интересные факты из жизни Тоби
Fashion - "As an actor you're almost never in fashion. I very rarely have a 'look' that's in my own period, or anything remotely trendy. I had to wear my hair long for ages and you get frustrated seeing everybody else walking around with shaved heads. At one point I had so many 1800s haircuts I looked like a rockabilly. So when it comes to my own wardrobe, I have to cultivate a look that doesn't appear completely bizarre but works with the haircut of the role I'm playing. "

Love wearing classic-cut suits “Cary Grant is my style hero, along with Robert Redford and Paul Newman. “They just have bodies that can carry clothes“.

Plays the guitar. “ I'm all right on the tunes, but I can never remember all the words, so I don't play in public. “

Won the stage fighting award at Drama School.

Has an ambition to play Macbeth before he's 40.

Has a soft spot for Claudette Colbert

Quit smoking “so I now do nothing, I'm a total bore. I don't drink, I don't smoke and I don't do drugs“

His parents - "I really feel that in the last five years, I've managed to move away from the gravity of being their son. To a certain extent, I feel, 'Jesus, why am I still talking about my mum at the age of 36?' I feel like Ronnie Corbett in Sorry!."

Really into jazz. “I've become one of those people who gets upset when people start talking in jazz clubs. I am beginning to understand it, you know, as a form. “

Ideal alternative job - “A fantastic piano player“. And the realistic alternative? “Collecting trolleys in Sainsbury's car park! “

Loathes parties since he stopped drinking “If you stay at a party too long and people are getting plastered and saying things they really shouldn't be saying, you can remember it all the next day. That I find quite sinister. “

Сообщение отредактировал bgd25 - Четверг, 11.09.2008, 01:58

bgd25Дата: Четверг, 11.09.2008, 01:56 | Сообщение # 3
VIP-персона
Loves curries

Favourite place in the British Isles? "I love Scotland, mainly for its landscape. I like walking and it's a great place to go hiking".

Favourite walk “The Humpback Trail on New Zealand's South Island is really beautiful. It is a 70km walk over about four days and is fairly arduous. You go through prehistoric forest and up to the top of Humpback Mountain, where there are amazing views down to the Tasman Sea. “
Dream trip? "Travelling around South America"

It comes from the Sharpe website:

"Toby Stephens is just pleased his character, General William Dodd, is a swordsman and not a dancer. "I love all that swashbuckling stuff. I've done quite a lot of fight scenes in my time and I really enjoy them. As with dancing, sword fights are all about choreography. The irony is, I can do a complicated fight scene but I can't dance to save my life!

"Logically I should be able to do both but I suppose I'm just not as interested, whereas if you put a sword in my hand I know what I'm doing. Dramatically, in both theatre and film, it is so important, as important in some instances as dialogue. So it is worthwhile working hard at it because when it works well it looks amazing. I grew up watching those old movies like the Three Musketeers and even the old Errol Flynn movies where you have these wonderful sword flights up and down stairs. In reality sword fights were brutal, horrible and only lasted seconds but we have stylised them for television."

NINA70Дата: Четверг, 11.09.2008, 12:07 | Сообщение # 4
VIP-персона
С трудом перевела и поняла , что Тоби не гоняется за модой, часто носит длинные волосы т.к. приходится сниматься в фильмах и еще, что ему нравится фехтовать, но он не любит танцевать хотя пластика и там и там почти одинаковая.

А действительно он нигде в фильмах не танцует. Есть немного в ''Фотографируя фей'' и все. Хотя в фильме ''Джейн Эйр'' могла быть сцена с танцем с Бланш. Ан вот как вышло, не захотел наш Тоби танцевать.

При этом он достаточно пластичен. Почему тогда...?

BetinaДата: Понедельник, 15.09.2008, 12:39 | Сообщение # 5
Anglophile Admin
Quote (bgd25)
Интересные факты из жизни Тоби

спасибо большое!

Quote (bgd25)
So when it comes to my own wardrobe, I have to cultivate a look that doesn't appear completely bizarre but works with the haircut of the role I'm playing. "

а мне очень нравится его прическа, стиль, шарфики эти... я даже не представляю, как бы он ходил с короткой стрижкой. впрочем, в фильмах он же где-то бывал с короткими волосами - ему тоже очень идет.

Quote (bgd25)
“They just have bodies that can carry clothes“.

:) скромник.... не думаю, что фигура Тоби хуже. у него не только фигура, которая "умеет носить вещи", у него еще и осанка, манеры - на нем все прекрасно смотрится, особенно аристократический стиль :)

Quote (bgd25)
“Collecting trolleys in Sainsbury's car park! “

что-то с троллейбусами я не поняла...

Quote (NINA70)
При этом он достаточно пластичен. Почему тогда...?

тяжело сказать... но если бы он ко всем своим достоинствам еще и прекрасно танцевал, то он был бы совершенным идеалом :)

likeanyotherspoonyДата: Среда, 12.11.2008, 17:20 | Сообщение # 6
Любопытный
Quote (Betina)
“Collecting trolleys in Sainsbury's car park! “

что-то с троллейбусами я не поняла...

Это тележки для продуктов в супермаркете. Хорошее у мужика чувство юмора. :-D
http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/home.htm

DiaДата: Среда, 12.11.2008, 19:23 | Сообщение # 7

он коллекционирует тележки????????? >:) шютник))
Quote (bgd25)
“If you stay at a party too long and people are getting plastered and saying things they really shouldn't be saying, you can remember it all the next day.

золотые слова...

likeanyotherspoonyДата: Среда, 12.11.2008, 19:48 | Сообщение # 8
Любопытный
Quote (Dia)
он коллекционирует тележки????????? >:) шютник))

Да нет же. :-))) Он не коллекционирует, он говорит, что работал бы собирателем тележек в супермаркете, вы наверное, видели: разбросанные вокруг магазина тележки собираются спецработником в одно место, чтобы их потом заново могли взять покупатели.

DiaДата: Среда, 12.11.2008, 20:19 | Сообщение # 9

тьфу, я не обратила внимание, что там написано "альтернативная работа"))))
все равно шютник)))

BetinaДата: Среда, 12.11.2008, 21:19 | Сообщение # 10
Anglophile Admin
Quote (likeanyotherspoony)
Это тележки для продуктов в супермаркете. Хорошее у мужика чувство юмора. :-D

:D :D :D рыдаю! да, Тоби у нас оригинал большой.

maJulieДата: Среда, 04.02.2009, 23:23 | Сообщение # 11
Inspired by You
интересная статья (правда, десятилетней давности)

The Making of a Great Gatsby
London Daily Mail
25 March 2000

It would be perfectly understandable if actor Toby Stephens slept till midday and whiled away his resting days watching soap operas and partying . As the younger son of two of British theatre's finest thespians – Dame Maggie Smith and Robert Stephens – he has, after all, an impeccable pedigree to fall back on.

Now 30 , Toby has already won rave reviews for his portrayal of Coriolanus, when, at the age of just 25, he became the youngest actor to play a Shakespearean role many fine performers in their 40s have not yet managed. It followed swiftly on the heels of an equally lauded performance in Channel 4's The Camomile Lawn, when he was straight out of drama school.

So it comes as something of a surprise that the Toby who greets you at a modest Chelsea diner near his home in downtown Manhattan, is neither self-assured nor trading on his famous name. Instead, he plays down his talents and is earnest and diligent in an almost old-fashioned sense.

"I get up at eight or eight-thirty, which I know is not early for most people, but it is for me, and I read a lot. I try to instill some kind of pattern in my day because it is incredibly easy for your mind to atrophy between jobs in this profession." He explains over a breakfast of granola, fresh fruit and yoghurt washed down by two double expressos. His current pattern revolves around reading – biographies are his genre of choice – and fitness, and positively no partying. His father Robert Stephens was an alcoholic who died, aged 64, in 1995, his liver and kidneys finally succumbing to years of abuse. Toby has been teetotal for 'one year and two months.'

Stephens and Smith were the Taylor and Burton of the British stage when they met at the National Theatre in the mid-Sixties. Stephens was still married to his second wife at the time, but the pair embarked on a torrid affair and wed in 1967, ten days after the birth of their first son, Christopher.

The duo acted together in Dame Maggie's signature film, The Prime Of Miss Jean Brodie, but by the time it was released in 1969, and second son Toby was born, cracks were already beginning to show. Through a combination of Stephens's alcoholism and extra-marital affairs the pair divorced in 1975. Four months later Dame Maggie Smith wed playwright Beverley Cross, the man she had been with when Stephens first appeared on the scene.

They enjoyed a long and happy marriage, his calm demeanour perfectly complementing her insecurities, but Dame Maggie remained scarred by the failure of her first marriage. She was devastated when Stephens published his autobiography, shortly before his death, blaming her reliance on a prescribed amphetamine to help her through the gruelling schedule of Brodie for the collapse of their marriage. He said "It was like living with knives, she was always ratty and nasty."

Toby has long been tormented by the fear that he might follow in his father's hard-drinking, womanising ways, and instead throws his energies into sport. At the moment he trains twice a week on a nearby gym's climbing walls, a simulated rock face which requires incredible strength and endurance to master. "I read a biography of Mallory and was fascinated by the way they found his body on Everest, perfectly preserved because of the altitude. I want to write a screenplay about him, so I decided to learn about climbing so I had some idea of what I was writing about. I am fascinated by the psychology of people wanting to get to the top, especially in Mallory's day, when it was so dangerous.

"And I must admit the training is quite addictive. It's just you and a rock face and that appeals to me. You have to keep yourself going and it's a real challenge. In a way it is similar to acting, you have only yourself and your confidence to rely on." Toby admits he has always been good in his own company, an inner srength put to the test in the past. So raw was the public disintegration of his parents' marriage that the subject was quite simply never discussed at the home Dame Maggie went on to make with Cross. As a child, Toby would often inquire if his father was dead. As a sensitive adolescent he was anxious not to upset either his mother or stepfather by seeking a closer relationship with his father, yet was also very keen to get to know the man whose genes he bore. Ironically, Robert Stephens's death came when the two men where reconciled and the absentee father was in a position to help guide his younger son professionally.

"It affected me very much when he died of alcohol-related problems. Having a blood relative die is very upsetting, you feel a sense of being cut off from something. You lose a bit of your history."

Three years later he lost another crucial man in his personal history, when Beverley Cross died after a long illness. Asked if Cross's death affected him more profoundly than that of his real father, he says without hesitation, "Absolutely, Beverley was my father. He took care of me from the age of four. It was devastating for all of us. It wasn't just the loss of a dear man, but a good man and somebody who was very close to me and my family. He was very supportive of me and great to have around. If I ever wanted advice on anything I would go to him. He was very level-headed and wise and I really miss that."

In the year following Cross's death, Toby, his brother and his elder brother Christopher, who also acts, clung to one another for support. "Christopher was fantastic and dealt with all the practical stuff. People told me the best thing I could do was just be there. That first year was very hard."

All three remaining family members endured their grief and Toby describes them now as a "very close nuclear family. We speak all the time." In time Dame Maggie threw herself back into work to fill the void in her life, and her sons resumed their own existences. Somewhere along the way he broke up with Alison Fogg, a langage graduate whom he had been engaged for four years, and moved to New York a year ago. Fiercely protective of those close to him, Toby refuses elaborate on the split, but it was almost certainly one of the contributing factors to his subsequent reassessment of life. "When you go through something like losing your father and stepfather you really have to look at your life. It is quite sobering, in the way that turning 30 is." Although he admits to first feeling relief that he had left his 20s, this was quickly followed by "a sense of panic. I had set myself all these goals and I thought by the time I was 30 I would be a very respected actor, working constantly, with my own place. It just hasn't happened – although I have been very lucky to have worked fairly solidly – and that was a very sobering experience.

"Professionally and in life I was wandering a bit and not really sure about what I was doing. I felt I had to sit down and figure out what I would be doing. A lot happened to me when I was really quite young. I was getting great roles at the RSC when I was 25 and everyone was telling me I'd be really big in films and I kind of believed them.

maJulieДата: Среда, 04.02.2009, 23:25 | Сообщение # 12
Inspired by You
продолжение
I just expected it to happen and when it didn't I got kind of lost and disillusioned. I bathed in self-pity for a while, but then I had to pull myself together, I had to regroup and be humble about things. It is probably a good thing in the long run because if everything goes your way you can crack and be unable to handle it. At least now if I get a big film I'll be ready."

The first major change he made was giving up alcohol. "I had done it once before for three years in 1994, and I assumed I would be able to cope if I started drinking again, but I couldn't and it soon got out of control. After another couple of years I gave up again. To a certain extent I had or could have a problem with alcohol. I hadn't been to a drying-out clinic and I wasn't in Alcoholics Anonymous, but I knew if I continued the way I had been, I would be in ten years' time.

"Towards the end I was drinking every day, during the day. Originally it was red wine I drank, but latterly I wasn't fussy what it was. I was waking up and feeling ill all the time. I was deeply unhealthy and I looked like a tomato. Professionally I had two choices, I could carry on the way I was going and maybe by the time I was 40 I would be considered for character parts or I could get myself together and play young parts."

Toby opted for the latter and gave up alcohol completely, but is careful not to say he will abstain for life. "I'm 30 now and I hope to live to 70. That's a helluva long time and it's even odds that I might start again, but I hope I don't."

The second – professional – component of his life-change turned out to benefit the first. A year ago Toby spent five months in Ring Round The Moon at New York's Lincoln Center and it gave him the impetus to try his luck in America and 3,000 miles from the goldfish bowl existence of one of Britain's premier acting dynasties, Toby can at last grow up. "I don't want to be always known as the son of…" he says.

It is anonymity he has striven to cultivate. Although he shares his father's stocky build and roguish charm and his mother's colouring, he is not instantly identifiable as a relative of either. At college, the London Academy of Music and Drama, when his cover was blown and staff learned that Dame Maggie's son was among them, he cheerfully let a fellow student by the name of Smith handle all the ensuing inquiries.

But although the anonimity America offers has been a welcome spin-off of the transatlantic move, it was not the main motivating factor. "I had been doing a lot of theatre in Britain and I'd reached a point where I'd carved out a niche of some kind for myself, yet I still didn't own a flat or earn enough money to look my bank manager in the eye. I really need to have some sort of base, to settle my life in some way; I am fed up being a gypsy."

Realising that the precarious nature of film-funding in Britain was unlikely to accord him the security he craved, he decided to try America for two years. "There are a lot of people who are offered film roles first in Britain – which I completely understand because they have proved to be financially viable – but it makes it artistically very limiting if you are not in that group, as I was not. People like Ewan McGregor and Jude Law, who are very good and have proved themselves bankable, would always be ahead of me."

So far the gamble has paid off. Toby followed his five-month stint at the Lincoln Center with a role as the young Clint Eastwood in the actor /director's soon-to-be released film Space Cowboys, followed by several months in Montreal, Canada, shooting The Great Gatsby for the BBC, in which he stars.

Toby is compelling in the role of the flawed Jay Gatsby and elicits a great deal of sympathy for his character. He is lavish in his praise of American actress Mira Sorvino of Mighty Aphrodite fame, who plays Daisy Buchanan. "Mira is absolutely lovely and incredibly professional. She's very hard-working and very very good.

"I think everybody has wanted a girl they can't have and everybody wants to be part of something they are not, just like Gatsby with his desperate wish to be part of the old money set. Whether you are an awkward teenager or in your 30s, you can identify with that."

For the part, Toby mastered a Midwestern accent, but insists he will not make America his permanent home. Aside from missing family and friends, he longs for British television – without the commercial reliance on advertising every five minutes. And for someone who has clearly become frustrated with the uncertainty of an actor's life it is impossible to imagine Toby embracing the unworldly environs of Hollywood. "At one point I was driving round LA to meetings all day, then spending my evening learning lines for parts that I wasn't even that interested in when I thought, This is not what I got into this for. There are a lot of things which stop you just practising your craft: the casting agents, producers and directors are in control of your life. People ask me what I am doing next and I can never say with certainty because it is not my decision. That is part of the reason I am writing a screenplay and would like to direct, so Ican get some sort of structure in my life that I can control." He says he has "great difficulty with extra-curricular" side of his profession. "I have no interest in going to parties to glad-hand people I don't know and who don't know me."

And despite his open demeanour and fears that he may have inherited some of his father's addictive traits, there is rather more of Dame Maggie in Toby than perhaps even he realises. She rarely gives interviews and Toby is careful to protect her privacy, and his own. He will say of her only, "She's very strong and very busy." He goes to similar lengths to avoid speaking about Alison, his ex-girlfriend. "To appear on stage you have to sacrifice something of yourself, so you don't want to sacrifice anything else in your life." He says by way of explanation. After all, there are worse things in life than being known as the son of Maggie Smith and Robert Stephens.

BetinaДата: Четверг, 05.02.2009, 01:58 | Сообщение # 13
Anglophile Admin
Спасибо! Помещу в раздел "Статьи"... Еще бы прочитать.... <_<

maJulieДата: Четверг, 05.02.2009, 13:15 | Сообщение # 14
Inspired by You
Ну, давайте, я кратенько перескажу.
Статья написана в 2000 году, журналист встречается с Тоби в Америке, где он 5 месяцев играл в спектакле "Ring Round The Moon" at New York's Lincoln Center .

...greets you at a modest Chelsea diner near his home in downtown Manhattan, is neither self-assured nor trading on his famous name. Instead, he plays down his talents and is earnest and diligent in an almost old-fashioned sense..
Рассказывает, что встает он в 8-8.30 утра, для него это рано, но он делает над собой усилие, проводит много времени за чтением, интересуется биографиями. Вообще пытается придерживаться определенного режима, чтобы мозг не атрофировался в промежутках между сьемками. Занимается фитнесом:
"At the moment he trains twice a week on a nearby gym's climbing walls, a simulated rock face which requires incredible strength and endurance to master". Скалолазание (в искусственных условиях) привлекает его, здесь, как и в актерской профессии, есть только ты и твоя уверенность, чтобы двигаться вперед и вверх.
Интересно, что он пишет (писал) сценарий по жизни некоего Мэллори, видимо, альпиниста, который погиб на Эвересте. Как я поняла, он хотел бы заняться постановкой фильма (ов), чтоб быть самому хозяином своей жизни, а не зависеть от случайных предложений ролей (или их отсутствия)...

(to be continued) :)

BetinaДата: Четверг, 05.02.2009, 14:53 | Сообщение # 15
Anglophile Admin
Quote (maJulie)
Ну, давайте, я кратенько перескажу.

спасибо! обязательно почитаю оригинал, но на английском читаю медленно и лажу в переводчик, так что не оч быстро выйдет...

Quote (maJulie)
Рассказывает, что встает он в 8-8.30 утра, для него это рано, но он делает над собой усилие, проводит много времени за чтением, интересуется биографиями.

8-30 утра, разве это рано? даже я, сова, спокойно встаю в такое время, вот в 7 утра практически нереально))) а биографиями я тоже очень сильно интересуюсь, страсть у меня к этому!

Quote (maJulie)
Как я поняла, он хотел бы заняться постановкой фильма (ов), чтоб быть самому хозяином своей жизни, а не зависеть от случайных предложений ролей (или их отсутствия)...

интересно! я надеюсь, у него что-то получится... было бы интересно посмотреть на режиссерское или сценарное творчество Тоби...

maJulieДата: Четверг, 05.02.2009, 14:55 | Сообщение # 16
Inspired by You
Здесь много о нестабильности актерской карьеры: "People ask me what I am doing next and I can never say with certainty because it is not my decision".
Говорит о своих метаниях, неуверенности в завтрашнем дне, неопределенности. Все предсказывали ему большое будущее в кино после успехов на сцене в молодости, будучи ослеплен успехом, говорит, что поверил таким прогнозам, ожидал, что это так и будет, и когда этого не произошло, почувствовал разочарование, потерянность и пр.:
"I bathed in self-pity for a while, but then I had to pull myself together, I had to regroup and be humble about things. It is probably a good thing in the long run because if everything goes your way you can crack and be unable to handle it. At least now if I get a big film I'll be ready."

Перед отъездом в Америку расстался с некой Alison Fogg, с которой встречался 4 года, но свою личную жизнь он тщательно оберегает от посторонних, как и жизнь своих известных родителей.

Вообще он очень болезненно относится к тому, что его ассоциируют с его родителями, это одна из причин отъезда в Америку, - добиться признания как "отдельная актерская единица" :) Другая причина - материальная: за роли в театре в Англии платят копейки, а "у меня все еще нет квартиры, и мне надоело вести цыганский образ жизни: I really need to have some sort of base, to settle my life in some way; I am fed up being a gypsy."

О "Гэтсби": Toby is compelling in the role of the flawed Jay Gatsby and elicits a great deal of sympathy for his character.
По-моему, это уже не из этой статьи, но я недавно читала, что он не боялся сравнения с Редфордом, потому что тот "изобразил романтического идола, а я хотел показать трагичность этого персонажа".
И еще о Гэтсби: "I think everybody has wanted a girl they can't have and everybody wants to be part of something they are not, just like Gatsby with his desperate wish to be part of the old money set. Whether you are an awkward teenager or in your 30s, you can identify with that."

BetinaДата: Четверг, 05.02.2009, 15:24 | Сообщение # 17
Anglophile Admin
Quote (maJulie)
Говорит о своих метаниях, неуверенности в завтрашнем дне, неопределенности.

мда... а мы тут о корнях рассуждали на цветочке... хотя, за 9 лет все могло измениться)) все-таки семья появилась, ребенок....

Quote (maJulie)
и когда этого не произошло, почувствовал разочарование, потерянность и пр

это, наверное, когда он много пил...

Quote (maJulie)
Перед отъездом в Америку расстался с некой Alison Fogg, с которой встречался 4 года, но свою личную жизнь он тщательно оберегает от посторонних, как и жизнь своих известных родителей.

ух ты, вот об этом не знала :o нашла вот только такую ссылку, фото там нет, но Тоби упоминается...

Quote (maJulie)
По-моему, это уже не из этой статьи, но я недавно читала, что он не боялся сравнения с Редфордом, потому что тот "изобразил романтического идола, а я хотел показать трагичность этого персонажа".

я все хочу посмотреть версию с Редфордом, хотя все-равно чувствую, что Тоби сыграл эту роль идеально))

Quote (maJulie)
I think everybody has wanted a girl they can't have

интересно... неужели у Тоби такое случалось :)

DiaДата: Четверг, 05.02.2009, 15:42 | Сообщение # 18

Так, надо сесть вообще и прочитать оригинал!
Quote (maJulie)
Рассказывает, что встает он в 8-8.30 утра, для него это рано, но он делает над собой усилие,

Ух ты, молодца! Всем бы так вставать в 8-8.30 утра!! Вот они - трагические актерские будни! :D
Quote (maJulie)
Скалолазание (в искусственных условиях)

Тоби, мы с тобой одной крови!!! Я тоже им занималась ажный целый год, пока не запретили))
Quote (maJulie)
Как я поняла, он хотел бы заняться постановкой фильма (ов), чтоб быть самому хозяином своей жизни, а не зависеть от случайных предложений ролей (или их отсутствия)...

А-ну давай!! Я в него верю.
Quote (maJulie)
Вообще он очень болезненно относится к тому, что его ассоциируют с его родителями, это одна из причин отъезда в Америку, - добиться признания как "отдельная актерская

Да я думаю, что все бы к этому болезненно относились. Ну кому приятно, когда вечно сравнивают с именитыми родителями. Как-то это вырасти не дает. *потерялся мальчик, ему 40 лет...*
Quote (Betina)
интересно... неужели у Тоби такое случалось

Ну, может быть, и да)) Человек же он))

maJulieДата: Четверг, 05.02.2009, 20:44 | Сообщение # 19
Inspired by You
Мне еще нравится, как журналисты о нем всегда отзываются: "... он не самонадеян, не пытается извлекать выгоду из своего имени (то бишь родителей), наоборот, он склонен преуменьшать свои таланты, по-старомодному искренен и прилежен."

tnch50Дата: Четверг, 05.02.2009, 20:47 | Сообщение # 20
VIP-персона
Quote (Dia)

А-ну давай!! Я в него верю.

Только чтоб сам тоже играл в этих фильмах, а то уйдет в режиссуру и ищи его. :)

maJulieДата: Четверг, 05.02.2009, 21:21 | Сообщение # 21
Inspired by You
Много в статье о родителях, приемном отце, о котором Тоби очень тепло отзывается, об отношениях в семье. Журналист пишет, что Тоби унаследовал от отца крепкое телосложение и озорное, игривое очарование , но больше, чем даже он осознает, в нем от матери. Сам Тоби говорит о ней, что она очень сильная женщина.

Про возможность сьемок вместе с матерью (это уже из другого интервью): "I would never act with my mother," says Stephens, "because she's my mother and I like to keep my relationship with her. There have been ideas, but I think that sometimes it can seem kind of naff. It smacks of, 'here we are, it's the Maggie Smith and Toby Stephens show'."

BetinaДата: Четверг, 05.02.2009, 21:32 | Сообщение # 22
Anglophile Admin
Quote (maJulie)
"... он не самонадеян, не пытается извлекать выгоду из своего имени (то бишь родителей), наоборот, он склонен преуменьшать свои таланты, по-старомодному искренен и прилежен."

интересно, как можно было бы извлекать выгоду... ну ладно, раз бы или два взяли только из-за родителей, но рано или поздно пришлось бы демонстрировать свои таланты, на одном имени не выедешь... мне кажется наоборот, часто бывает сложнее преодолеть вот это родительское имя, доказать, что ты - отдельная творческая единица.

Quote (tnch50)
Только чтоб сам тоже играл в этих фильмах, а то уйдет в режиссуру и ищи его.

да, режиссер это хорошо, но видно их редко... только когда за Оскарами выходят))))

Quote (maJulie)
I would never act with my mother," says Stephens, "because she's my mother and I like to keep my relationship with her.

странно... с женой же он как-то снимался, при этом она была в роли жены другого человека ^_^

DiaДата: Четверг, 05.02.2009, 21:59 | Сообщение # 23

Quote (maJulie)
он не самонадеян, не пытается извлекать выгоду из своего имени (то бишь родителей), наоборот, он склонен преуменьшать свои таланты, по-старомодному искренен и прилежен."

Ну, насчет талантов - это он поскромничал)) Но все-равно, это только у нас можно на эстраду или в кино выехать на маме/папе/бабушке и т.д. Там, думаю, это не сильно прокатывает, хотя как знать. Не могу ничего утверждать. Все-равно, будь он бездарем, ему не помогли бы ни мама, ни папа, ни даже Чип и Дейл.
Quote (maJulie)
Тоби унаследовал от отца крепкое телосложение и озорное, игривое очарование , но больше, чем даже он осознает, в нем от матери.

Чего у него там от отца (кроме внешности) не знаю, а от матери я замечала схожие жесты, мимику, даже где-то интонации.
Quote (maJulie)
'here we are, it's the Maggie Smith and Toby Stephens show'."

О Боже, смахивает на "Шоу Бенни Хилла" >:) Наверно, и правда, не стоит этого делать.
Quote (Betina)
странно... с женой же он как-то снимался, при этом она была в роли жены другого человека

Ну, жена - это жена, а мама - это мама)

tnch50Дата: Четверг, 05.02.2009, 23:09 | Сообщение # 24
VIP-персона
Quote (Dia)
Чего у него там от отца (кроме внешности) не знаю,

Интересно, а отец снимался в кино или был только театральным актером?

tnch50Дата: Четверг, 05.02.2009, 23:19 | Сообщение # 25
VIP-персона
Оказывается снимался в "Ромео и Джульетте" Дзеффирелли. Кого он там играл? Нужно смотреть (не пойти на работу и посмотреть все запланированное) :o :)

Сообщение отредактировал tnch50 - Четверг, 05.02.2009, 23:20

Форум » Тоби Стивенс » Новости и пресса » Биография и интересные факты (Из жизни Тоби Стивенса)
  • Страница 1 из 3
  • »
Поиск:

При использовании материалов — ссылка обязательна! |
Copyright Toby-Stephens © 2008 - 2024 | Используются технологии uCoz